Avian Pox is a chicken disease the is preventable by quarantining birds that have come into contact with other flocks which may be infected.
- At risk:
- Chickens of all ages
- Avian Pox Symptoms:
- White spots found on the skin
- Sores on combs
- Mouth ulcers
- Slow down or stop in egg laying
- Contact with infected chickens
- Seek advice from your vet
- Quarantine bird from rest of flock
- Provide safe, warm, dry living area
- Soft, easy to eat food
- Avoid contact with other flocks
- Quarantine birds after shows before re-introducing into larger flock
For detailed information on other common ailments, see related posts below.