If you are thinking about buying your first chicks, then you are getting ready to embark on a wonderful adventure filled with lots of learning and many fresh eggs!
We are going to assume that you are starting from scratch. Here are a few of the basics that you will need to own before your first chicks arrive at your house:
The following are some of the various chick feeders and chick starter feed that we carry:
Here are a few items you may want to consider purchasing to help your chicks develop into healthy chickens:
Before your chicks graduate from your brooder and are ready to live in a chicken coop, you will need to have a few additional things in place:
- Chicken coop: to provide shelter and protection for your flock
- Chicken run: protected area outside your coop for your hens unless you plan to free-range
- Chicken feeder(s): to hold feed, facilitate feeding and limit waste
- Chicken waterer(s): to hold water, facilitate drinking and limit waste
- Chicken feed: to keep your bird from getting hungry
As you explore our website, you will find many other items that make raising chickens easier and even more fun. The list above represents the basics, and please do not hesitate to post questions in our community to learn more about your upcoming adventures.